BASS Bass Fishing BassBlaster bassmaster best bass baits best bass boat best bass fishing best bass lures Best leader length Brandoin Cobb winning jerkbait Brandon Cobb winning baits Brandon Cobb yo-zuri Cobb and more winning baits derp bass derps Derps of the week elite series Games Lake Fork Bassmaster Lake Fork Bassmaster Elite Lake Fork Elite Lake Fork lures largemouth bass Major League Fishing winning baits winning pattern

Cobb and more winning baits, Best leader length? Derps of the week!! – BassBlaster

Cobb and more winning baits, Best leader length? Derps of the week!! – BassBlaster

And he solely had 114 lbs! Lol. Don’t know what sort of cookies Brandon’s spouse is making him, however dang they’re working…2nd Elite win in 30 days:

Kinda growin’ into bein’ a supah-stah ain’t he? Right here’s a bit on how he caught ’em, full meal deal on the BassBlaster web site:

His fundamental bait was a DUEL Hardcore Minnow Flat SP 110 jerkbait (ghost professional blue):

> I did my regular shad spawn bait rotation and caught an Eight-lber on my first forged with the jerkbait.

> “The fish have been so shallow…on Stay it appeared like I used to be continuously adjusting my bait, however I used to be was scraping mud off the invoice with my finger. I feel the plowing the underside factor truly made the fish chew it higher. Type of the identical idea of a diving crankbait in 6-Eight′ water.

> “I used Yo-Zuri Prime Knot fluorocarbon — by the final day I used to be fishing 16-lb. That was the perfect…heavier than regular jerkbait line however I used to be throwing it so shallow.
> “…Abu Revo MGX reel (6.Four) and a 6′ 10″ M Ark Lancer Professional Rod that shall be out in 2 weeks. That’s sort of small [rod] and it was sort of scary catching Eight-9 lbers on it, however I used to be working that bait so quick and onerous that if I had a much bigger rod I might’ve worn out too quick — and [that rod] might nonetheless deal with them. That [effort is] additionally why I used to be utilizing the MGX, which is a lighter reel.

> “…principally no pauses and not likely ever reeling it. My retrieve was actually quick and all jerks, no pauses. I used to be protecting it shifting the entire time. I by no means even actually felt them chew it — I’d simply go to jerk they usually’d be there.”

He was cleansing mud off the invoice of that bait! As soon as he found out the timing on his foremost spots, he’d kill time by fishing shallow:

> “It was type of junk fishing, however principally it was a SPRO Frog (inexperienced again/yellow stomach — “inexperienced tree?”) — it didn’t actually matter although as a result of I threw different colours all through the week as properly.
> “That was for overlaying water. Then once I noticed fish on beds, I’d flip a Zoom Z Craw (tilapia).”

> “I’m not the one one who was doing what I used to be doing — it’s not like I had the magic sample. I actually assume the important thing to my success final week was timing…beginning to perceive the timing.”

He laughed earlier than answering each Q so I assume I requested the best stuff lol:

1. Why did you wait so lengthy to start out profitable tournaments and when did you determine to win?

> “The one approach to reply that query is simply issues haven’t gone proper on last days [til now]. And this yr, I feel it’s momentum man. I’ve simply made the right selections on ultimate days.

> “I’ve been in place [to win] so many occasions through the years, and this yr I’ve made the right selections on remaining days.”

2. Why did you sandbag so lengthy on the FLW Tour?

> “Let me take into consideration tips on how to reply that…. When you get a win or get in rivalry, you begin constructing confidence to compete. Fishing is so such a psychological recreation, individuals don’t understand it. I feel it’s only a psychological factor.

> “And this yr numerous tournaments have arrange for me [his style of fishing]. The 2 wins and Lanier [14th]it’s the fashion of fishing I’m snug doing. I didn’t really feel like I used to be studying as I used to be going this yr.”

three. Be trustworthy — what number of extra tournaments are you going to win this yr?

> “I actually like Guntersville however I do know nothing about OK — I simply hope to have good finishes…. We’re getting out of tournaments I be ok with, the place I really feel like I’ve been capable of catch them with my type of fishing. However at Lake Fork I didn’t assume getting in it will be [his style]however turned out I used to be actual snug with it.”

[Told him he sounds like he’s still sandbagging lol.]

Four. Would you say you mannequin your fishing extra like Thanos or Physician Doom?

> “I can’t consider what Physician Doom is however Thanos is fairly dangerous a**.”

[Uh Mr. Thanos, I’m sure he didn’t mean to use the word “pretty” there….]

5. Have the Avengers made you a suggestion to hitch but or do you might want to win one other 1 or 2 this yr first??

> “I feel I’ll should win at the very least 1 extra earlier than I get that invite.”

Perhaps not man. Phrase is these 2 people have been at B.A.S.S. HQ yesterday — unsure if that’s good or dangerous?

2nd: Garrett Paquette

Right here’s how the one different man to interrupt 100 on the bench press lbs caught ’em:

> “I’d begin by burning the crankbait quick via the varsity to set off a chew and get the fish fired up. Then I might change to the swimbait to attempt to get a much bigger chew.

> “All of my areas have been 10-12′ hard-bottom areas in creeks the fish have been staging on as they have been heading again to the primary lake after spawning.”

third: Micah Frazier

> “Very shallow on shad-spawn locations…clay and rock.”

Requested him a couple of Qs:

> No Neko rig?? (As he’s been utilizing….): “Lastly no spinning rods lol.”

> Why that colour Spook (which Jason Christie and different guys use on a regular basis too): “Idk it simply catches ’em.”

> What number of occasions are you going to complete third this yr? (Since he did at Hartwell too…which is bizarre cuz Cobb completed 1st each occasions he completed third.): “As many as I can get! Lol. Quite win one however I’ll take 3rds.”

Btw is Micah grossed out by the bass-feeshes or afraid of ’em??

fifth: Jeff Gustafson

> “…a spinning rod however this can be a heavy rod with loads of energy for touchdown massive bass in open water. I might forged the weightless bait a lot farther and precisely on a spinning rod. A number of the first-hour motion [2-3′ flats on points, mostly clean] revolves round fish blowing up shad and casting to the explosions — FUN stuff. I used to be skipping the bait quick alongside the floor, making as a lot noise and commotion as I might with it.”

> “Later within the event I began utilizing a 7” bait the identical means they usually appreciated that as nicely.

> “After the morning stuff I fished offshore the remainder of the day and that was how I caught a whole lot of my huge fish — Eight-12′ factors / ‘stick-outs alongside the financial institution. The fish weren’t loaded on these spots but however they have been coming, and if you hit somewhat flurry you have been positive to place a few 5-6+ lbers within the boat.

> “I used to be utilizing a three/Four-oz.Scrounger head with a 7″ Z-Man Jerk Shadz, and an enormous, big sqaurebill. I threw the Scrounger on a 7′ 5” GLX flipping stick (894C), Shimano Bantam Reel (7.zero) and 20-lb fluoro. I fished the large crank [Lucky Craft] on a 7′ 11″ GLX flipping stick (954C) with the identical reel and line.

> “I couldn’t catch something good dragging on the underside, which was odd — they needed shifting baits [big ones]: I noticed some giant tails protruding the throats of a few of these fish — gizzard shad, small white bass. The morning shad have been truly principally small.”

Nugget from Doug Hannon who’s not with us however glad his bassin’ knowledge is:

> “The entire concept of massive fish being smarter than small fish simply isn’t true – they’re simply the fish which might be the primary to feed and eat probably the most,” he stated. “These fish haven’t been caught as a result of they reside in locations too troublesome to strategy for many fishermen.”

> To show his principle, Hannon has launched most of the tons of of 10-lb-plus fish he has caught within the 400-acre lake he lives on close to Odessa. These fish, which prevented seize for almost a decade or extra of their wild habitat, have been caught once more virtually in a matter of days.

> “That they had endured for Eight or 10 years within the wild with very heavy fishing strain, but in a small lake that’s fished by solely three or Four fishermen they have been caught inside three weeks.” They hadn’t been capable of finding that impenetrable habitat of their new lake.

> Fishermen looking for trophy fish should do extra than simply search for the densest vegetative “slop,” nevertheless. They’ve acquired to research every part of a lake or river, on the lookout for the identical traits that a bass seeks.

> Hannon has pared his record of preferences to Four main traits: a spot to feed, a spot to flee, a spot to spawn and quite a lot of vegetation all through these areas.

> “Prime territory for an enormous bass have to be near a shallow flat. As a result of a lot of the meals might be on that shallow, grassy flat.” Additionally essential is a [nearby] deep-water refuge.

> Final on his listing is an effective plant combine. “The extra selection, the higher as a result of every sort of plant helps several types of organisms. The extra organisms, the higher the meals chain.”

Derp’s’ the one and solely cause to make one final forged:

Don W caught him this vampire-ish derp at a small FL lake on a three″ Berkley Swim Shad (pearl pink eye). His bud Bucky stated, “He didn’t know what a derp was and…wouldn’t maintain it for an image so I did.” Hahaha!

Nick L shazammed this Lake Galena, PA yak derp on a do-it-yourself swim-jig with a with a Strike King Rage Bug, all gp:

Pete Gluszek needs he caught one o’ these — Jonathan C received him a fish of a lifetime on the higher Chesapeake Bay (the place Pete fishes a LOT) utilizing a Concord Punch Shot Rig with a 1/2-oz.tungsten weight and a Biffle Bug (Okeechobee craw):

Matty W takes the prize with this MN (perhaps?) ultra-derp caught on a wacky Senko:

Or perhaps that is the one of many day, Adam M’s Rocky derp busted on the OH Reever with a 7″ Energy Worm (blue fleck — $$$ in dirtier water for the smalls):

Nope, right here’s the beeg weener — not a bass however simply in case you didn’t assume it was attainable for a trout to look even dumber, that’s Tom F with a cutthroat derp he caught on…an the wrong way up booger, or somethin’ that appears lots like one:

Will somebody please make a derp trout swimbait? I’ll pay for it….

1. Brent Chapman’s 2nd-place baits on the Smith BPT.

> 1/2-oz.Chatterbait (white), 20-lb Gamma fluoro, similar reel (6.Four), 7′ Kast King Chatterbait rod.
> Four″ creature bait (gp), three/zero Trokar TK 130 Flippin Hook, 5/16-oz.tungsten sinker, 20-lb Gamma fluoro, similar reel (Eight.1), 7′ 5″ Kast King flipping rod.

> three/Eight-oz.swim-jig (white), 40-lb Kast King Kast Professional braid, similar reel (Eight.1), 7′ three″ Kast King jig/worm rod.

> Morning: shad spawn round bushes, rock banks and docks.

> Crankbaits on 45-degree rocky banks.

> Creature baits round buck brush, bushes and laydowns.

Btw, what up with this pic? Some kinda synchronized bassin’ deal? They tryin’ to make the letter M or…?

2. BPTer Bobby Lane will get Gravely Mowers.

He gon’ mow you down.

three. Ott DeFoe obtained one other civic award for winnin’ the Basic.

Dang! Gonna want an additional room/shed for simply Basic-related awards n such! Congrats to him and fam….

Four. Elitist Frank Talley wrote him a poem.

Consider it’s referred to as “Ballad of a Bassin’ Professional:”

I journey from state to state.
Day and night time.
I left the final event on Sunday morning.
Went house and repacked my gear and garments.
Got here to Georgia.
I’ll depart Georgia Saturday and head to Oklahoma.

Appears he will get impressed to put in writing at Waffle Homes, is perhaps the rationale for the darkish tone….

5. BPTer Jon VanDam’s been playin’ hookey…

…and for dang good cause — discovered some mules:

6. BPS collegiate path leaders will put on yellow BUFFs.

> Within the Tour de France [bicycle race]every day of the distinguished bike race the chief of the occasion at that given time wears a delegated yellow jersey whereas they’re competing. And for so long as they’re main, the competitor will proceed to [wear it]. The identical precept might be in place for the Bass Professional Outlets Collegiate Bass Fishing Collection.

Cool concept. Will for positive assist with the bent-rod sample…hahaha! Btw, McKendree U (in IL?) is main the Faculty of the Yr Race by 500 POINTS so guess they’ll be sporting yellow for a very long time….

Rapala places up billboards in MN (the place they’re HQd) — this can be a good one:

Eight. Strike King has a brand new HS/school frosh program.

9. American Baitworks purchased half of Freedom Deal with.

Proprietor of NetBait, Halo and Scum Frog now has 50% of Freedomm a Canadian firm:

> …American Baitworks Co. will make investments closely in new product design and improvement, model consciousness, advertising and gross sales.

> [Freedom’s] Michael Tamburro has been named SVP of innovation and Nick Tamburro has been named SVP of worldwide with American Baitworks Co. Tom Chopin has been named director of worldwide gross sales.

Observations:

> Can they nonetheless name it AMERICAN baitworks?

> Can you actually “personal” Freedom?

> Are the individuals who work at Freedom really free?

> Unsure how that is gonna work out since that entire Struggle of 1812 deal….

[This is the Blaster, what did you expect…lol!]

10. Garmin had loopy good Q1 financials.

> Report 1st quarter income of $766 million, an Eight% improve, with marine [up 18%]aviation, health and outside collectively growing 12% over the prior-year quarter.

> Gross margin of 59.zero% in comparison with 60.zero% within the prior yr quarter.

11. Fly reel firm made an AC/DC reel.

Prices solely $1,355…and unusually shouldn’t be made out of strong gold:

12. Why the BOOYAH ToadRunner is Alton Sr’s favourite frowg (vid).

Value it to observe him go “bluh, bluh, bluh, bluh, bluh, bluh” [cry laughing emoji]. Don’t overlook there’s a brand new Jr measurement ToadRunner [flame emoji].

What’s your chief size?

Talkin’ fluoro leaders. Right here’s a couple of hammers tellin’ ya advices. Of all of them, I’d be probably the most skeptical about Brandon — you recognize, for apparent causes (heehee):

> Greg Vinson: “For weightless rigs…I like to make use of a 6-10′ Seaguar Tatsu fluorocarbon chief. That helps to get probably the most sensitivity however extra importantly helps to get a strong hookset, which could be a problem with weightless rigs…heavier fluorocarbon like 10- to 15-lb check. …in deeper, clear water I choose an extended 20′ chief…. Typically I really feel that the leader-to-mainline connection passing by way of a gaggle of suspended fish is usually a flip off if it’s too near the bait….”
> Matt Lee’s typical fluoro chief size is about 10′ of Eight-lb Seaguar Tatsu. He says that size sometimes retains the Albright knot out of the spool to stop the knot from catching a rod information when casting. Nevertheless, he typically ups the size…on lakes with larger visibility, going so long as 20′ with Eight-lb and switching to an FG knot.

> Brandon Palaniuk: “My fluorocarbon chief is usually between 10′ and 12 ft lengthy. I don’t have a precise measurement for it, however somewhat make it possible for my knot is in my reel after which I make two extra revelations [revelations?] with the reel and reduce the chief subsequent to the reel after it travels by means of the guides and again down the rod.”

He likes Tatsu too, 6-10 lb. Lookit this field — seems to be imply, in a great way:

In case you observed, all of them these guys use the highest o’ the road Seaguar fluoro since you don’t wanna be skimpin’ in your chief materials mang!

“I’m going to make you eat this bait, and if I don’t, properly, I’m not ok.”

– LA B.A.S.S. Nation dude Howard Hartley talkin’ ’bout gettin’ right into a fist struggle with Mike Iaconelli his psychological recreation vs the fishes. Guess meaning a few of us (me) ain’t ok rather a lot…hahaha! Little extra:

> …at Nicholls State. Utilizing a strong black plastic lizard, Hartley caught his first bass. “I keep in mind considering to myself, I can’t consider I simply did that. How might a bass eat one thing that’s not actual? So it turned a recreation to me….”

Howard’s within the Nation Nationwide Champeenship so his bud informed him:

> “You’re three good days away from making the Bassmaster Basic.”

Fairly cool!

Yep, right here’s you your “Brandon gained so his spouse crops a scorching one on him” shot! Brandon’s like, “For those who’re askin’ me proper now, y’all can hold that trophy…” hahaha! Like it:

Btw that’s James “my lens acquired all steamed up once more dang it” Overstreet takin’ that shot….

Take heed to this story — dude had a Squatch encounter proper the place George Perry ALLEGEDLY caught the FORMER world-record largemouth…!

Story after that went down someplace near-ish to the place I consider Jason Christie performed hoops in school. Marvel if he’s seen a Squatch — I’ll ask!

Ya acquired me

Jay Kumar’s BassBlaster is a daily-ish roundup

of the perfect, worst and funniest in bassin’, as curated by me — Jay Kumar. I began BassFan.com, co-hosted Loudmouth Bass with Zona, was a B.A.S.S. senior author and a bunch extra in bassin’. The Blaster is the #2 every day learn on any given day within the broad world o’ bass so thanks for readin’!

Enroll one other bass-head!

In the event you’re forwarding each Blaster to different bass crackheads, tx a lot — or you possibly can e mail me the addys and we’ll maintain it! We’ll by no means ship spam or promote the listing or anything loopy….

Gitcha BassBlaster social at these hyperlinks:

!perform(f,b,e,v,n,t,s)if(f.fbq)return;n=f.fbq=perform()n.callMethod?
n.callMethod.apply(n,arguments):n.queue.push(arguments);if(!f._fbq)f._fbq=n;
n.push=n;n.loaded=!zero;n.model=’2.zero’;n.queue=[];t=b.createElement(e);t.async=!zero;
t.src=v;s=b.getElementsByTagName(e)[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(t,s)(window,
doc,’script’,’https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/fbevents.js’);
fbq(‘init’, ‘498730510309800’,
em: ‘insert_email_variable’
);
fbq(‘monitor’, ‘PageView’);

About the author

Admin